Sunday, July 8, 2012

Independence Day Party

     I left for Korea on July 3rd and traveled for over 24 hours and arrived on July 5th, meaning I completely missed the 4th of July. Soo... this weekend our OCT decided to set off fireworks for us. Everyone got a sparkler and we held rockets as the fireworks flew out and over the field. Very cool! Afterwards I played basketball and Ultimate Frisbee with a bunch of people from the team.
     I have still been waking up really early, I guess I am not over the jet lag. But Saturday I was up at 5 and today I was up at 4 45. I laid in bed for a while both days but finally couldn't take it anymore and decided to go to the gym. It was closed this morning so I can on the track outside. The Fog was so think I could feel it against my skin as I was running, pretty crazy.
     After my run I came back and got ready for church. About 12 people from the team attended the local Methodist service in Goesan (all in Korean). I am pretty sure he preached from John 1:29-34 where John testifies about Jesus. Although I couldn't tell you his interpretation of the passage, he seemed very enthusiastic. The people in church were very nice and welcoming and invited us to lunch with them after service. Some of the people that spoke better Korean than I decided to join them and I met some other friends for lunch at a bakery in town. We did a little shopping and headed back to the school for our first workshop on the Korean Education System. The speaker was organized and well informed, I really enjoyed hearing her perspective on how it really is in a Korean school.
     Tomorrow will be our first visit to a local Korean school. I will be going to an elementary school in Cheongju. Can't wait!!! I am getting sooo excited to start teaching :)

No comments:

Post a Comment